
That quote just appeared to me during assembly today. The teacher mentioned something about students being late for assembly and I overheard some saying, "Late as usual, you mean."
Right, I am on a Lord of the Rings craze.
I placed this small booklet, with the page opened to the one with the swords of course, under my desks wrapping and it just looked great. To me at least. It was this booklet advertising various Lord of the Rings merchendise which included the chess set, the Evenstar pendent, the rings of power, and many more. I would love to own any part of the Lord of the Rings, even an Uruk-hai latex mask. But, guess what? These are only available in USA because only land shipping is done. DAMN. And I can't get it directly from the source, A.K.A. New Zealand, either. DOUBLE DAMN.
But I have started on my movie marathon again, screening first all three extended edition of the movies, then viewing the appendices. I am currently at The Two Towers' disk three, watching 'Andy Serkis Animation Reference' which is really cool. It shows you how much effort Andy put into the whole thing, which is at least the same amount of effort any other main character's actor put in, if not more. That guy really rocks, just like King Kong.
In addition to that, I realised that Lord of the Rings can be found in every day life, just as Slytherin can be found in my school's colours (green, white, black). The extract below is a replication of what a conversation in school (with reference to Lord of the Rings) could be like.
17:15
With all due respect,
Abi Ho
Abi K
Calyn
Zheng Ning
Joanna
Kellie
Stacey
Elaine
Kersh
Samuel
Howard
Rieyn
[supposedly] Ren Fu
Philosophy Teacher [who has a really cool way of seeing things]
Places
Official Lord of the Rings Movie Site
The Lord of the Rings Fanatics Plaza
Billy Boyd's Official Site
The Elvish Name Generator
Official Site dedicated to Andrew Lloyd Webber's Musicals
The Phantom of the Opera The Official Show Site