
'Out flew the web and floated wide;
The mirror crack'd from side to side;
"The curse is come upon me," cried
The Lady of Shalott. '
I really don't know what to say. It is just that whenever I seem to be getting my dream come true, it all comes crashing down around me.
I had not hoped for a long time. Most competition I watch and forget. But Star idol really got my attention. It was amusing, it was entertaining. It was everything that I ever wanted. But I never do get it in the end.
I supported Alicia at first. She was cute and pretty and acted quite well (though I won't lie and say it was exceptional). I supported her, a lot. Then I noticed Cheng Xi. He is quite handsome and acted fairly well. Once again, he was not exceptionally adept at acting, but he was good-looking and had a great personality.
I went with a few other AliciaYSL members to the results show on 1st of March. And when Alicia was eliminated, I was dumbfounded. I really could not believe it! But by then I liked Cheng Xi more, so I prayed that Cheng Xi will help Alicia (at least in my mind) to win the contest. When Cheng Xi was elminated the following week, I virtually broke down. I hated the show, hated the producers, hated everything. But then I woke up to reality.
The two left were Bryan and Leo. Bryan, I had no idea how he managed to reach this stage, but nevermind. Leo, whose acting was good enough to make me think he was pure evil at one point. The choice was obvious and hope returned. Maybe, all the while, Singaporeans were supporting real talent. They had seen what Leo could do, how well he acted, and decided to let him win. If that is so, no problem. I knew Cheng Xi and Alicia's acting were no match for Leo's, even though I like them more then him.
So I called for Leo. I watched yesterday's show and was not surprised when the judges praised Bryan. But I was elated that Singaporeans were voting for Leo. As the show went on, Leo's acting was truly showing through. During the third challenge, his acting nearly moved me to tears. Fann Wong's eyes were watering. Qing SMSed me that her heart broke for Leo. At that point, I thought it was guranteed that Leo would win. The dancing segment showcased Leo's good sense of rhythm. And though he did well in the fighting segment, Bryan could not catch the beat and did very badly for dance. And during the 'dream' part, Bryan's facial expressions were not expressive enough, while Leo performed very well. The transformation from wary to happiness was very well shown on his face, and the way he looked so excited at signing fan's autographs was very believable. And yet he still lost. Really, I don't know what is on the minds of the voters.
At this point, I really want to comment on MDC's way of doing things. How could they just shove Leo aside after Bryan has been announced as the winner? Where was the part where they asked for Leo's comments? Or at least, they could have shown Leo's video, the one which every contestant had to film to say a few words on their feelings on being eliminated. But they just pushed him aside, praised Bryan and ended the show. This is one of the reasons why watching such competitions are a torture.
I really hate life. But as Avril sings, 'life's like this.' So, I shall accept fate.
09:56
With all due respect,
Abi Ho
Abi K
Calyn
Zheng Ning
Joanna
Kellie
Stacey
Elaine
Kersh
Samuel
Howard
Rieyn
[supposedly] Ren Fu
Philosophy Teacher [who has a really cool way of seeing things]
Places
Official Lord of the Rings Movie Site
The Lord of the Rings Fanatics Plaza
Billy Boyd's Official Site
The Elvish Name Generator
Official Site dedicated to Andrew Lloyd Webber's Musicals
The Phantom of the Opera The Official Show Site