
I am hooked on philosophy. Weird, eh?
Our philo teacher has opened a completely new dimension to the subject that I find myself totally immersed in it. I appreciate Descartes' cognito ergo sum, I've read all 26 chapters of Machiavelli's The Prince, I am evaluating characters' emotional health based on Psychopathy Checklist-Revised [apparently Sirius Black is REALLY a psychopath, even before Azkaban], I was taking down the number of fallacies made by Sec 2s at an English debate (most of them Abusive Ad Hominem) and I am into the Matrix out of all movies. Sigh.
Shall state the PCL-R here for all fellow GEPers to check (Mr. Chong mentioned that smarter people tend to be psychopaths):
Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative
Lack of remorse or guilt
Shallow affect
Callous/lack of empathy
Parasitic lifestyle
Poor behavioral controls
Promiscuous sexual behavior
Early behavioral problems
Lack of realistic, long-term goals
Impulsivity
Irresponsibility
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
Many short-term marital relationships
Juvenile delinquency
Revocation of conditional release
Criminal versatility
I show 12 of the 20 symptoms though if I follow the actual test (look it up at wikipedia) I am NOT a psycho. I wonder how many can tell which the 12 are.
BOOKLIST for PHILOSOPHY LOVERS
Alice in Wonderland (Through the Looking Glass) by Lewis Carroll
The Prince & Discourses on Livy by Niccolo Machiavelli
Discourse on Method By Rene Descartes
I'm also loving Savage Garden's Crash and Burn
00:01
With all due respect,
Abi Ho
Abi K
Calyn
Zheng Ning
Joanna
Kellie
Stacey
Elaine
Kersh
Samuel
Howard
Rieyn
[supposedly] Ren Fu
Philosophy Teacher [who has a really cool way of seeing things]
Places
Official Lord of the Rings Movie Site
The Lord of the Rings Fanatics Plaza
Billy Boyd's Official Site
The Elvish Name Generator
Official Site dedicated to Andrew Lloyd Webber's Musicals
The Phantom of the Opera The Official Show Site